2-1-1, sponsored by United Way, is the front door to private and government services that provide "Health For Your Whole Life." 2-1-1 provides one-stop referral information to help you when you need it most. 2-1-1 maintains up to date information on emergency food and shelter, services for families and senior citizens, health care, child care, services for veterans, for people with disabilities, counseling and mental health services, and more.
Trained specialists are available to help find local services, including: Housing, Rental Assistance, Temporary Shelter, Legal Assitance, Child Care, Children's Services, Services for Teens, Medical Care, Medical Coupons, Assisted Living, Food Pantries, Drug Treatment, Counseling/Support, Transportation, Senior Services, Volunteering, Education, Literacy, Tutoring, Recreation.
To reach 2-1-1, just dial 2-1-1 from any cell phone or land line Monday - Friday 8AM-6PM. You can search the 2-1-1 database 24 hours a day by clicking <HERE>.
The benefits of having a 2-1-1 Call Center in our state and region are far reaching:
- 2-1-1 is a cost-effective answer to help people navigate the complex and ever-growning maze of human service agencies and programs
- People can cut through red tape to gain access to a full range of community resources from a call center staff person
- 2-1-1 encourages prevention and fosters self-sufficiency; employers can provide employees with one number to call whether they have a question or need support in a crisis
- 2-1-1 can be used as a community planning tool by using aggregate data about the types of calls a 2-1-1 Call Center receives to anticipate demand for services and mobilize resources to meet changing needs
- 2-1-1 can be a back-up for 9-1-1 in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
- You can support the work of 2-1-1 by designating a donation through United Way.