Phase 35 dates and funding are scheduled to be released late February 2018... Stay Tuned
The Emergency Food & Shelter Program (EFSP) awards funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program. United Way administers the local volunteer board that disburses these funds.
Benton County will receive $33,767 for Phase 34 Emergency Food and Shelter Program .
Selection & Criteria
The selection was made by a National Board that is chaired by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from American Red Cross; Catholic Charities, USA, National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA, The Jewish Federations of North America, The Salvation Army, and United Way Worldwide. The Local Board was charged to distribute funds appropriated by Congress to help expand the capacity of food and shelter programs in high-need areas around the country.
A Local Board in each county, made up of representatives of the above organizations, will determine how the funds awarded are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in their area.
Under the terms of the grant from the National Board, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
1) be private voluntary non-profits or units of government
2) be eligible to receive federal funds
3) have an accounting system
4) practice nondiscrimination
5) have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and
6) if they are a private voluntary organization, they must have a voluntary board.
Program funds are used to provide the following, as determined by the Local Board in funded jurisdictions:
- Food, in the form of served meals or groceries/food boxes
- Lodging in a mass shelter or hotel
- One month's rent or mortgage payment
- One month's utility bill
- Equipment necessary to feed or shelter people, up to a $300 limit per item
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.
Contact 541-757-7717 with questions.